Website Design by Kildare Web Services
The most important goal of good website design
is to communicate.
Need a Website Makeover?
Is your website in need of repair?
- Your website may be the first and last impression given
of your organisation
- Is it untidy, Is it disorganised?
- Does it communicate your message?
- Your Website is a Permanent Advertisement for
- Make it work For you, not Against you!
- Contact us today to get your website working for you!
About Website Design
Good web design involves four important aspects
of effective communication:
- Content -
include everything your website visitors may be looking
for, divided into easily digestible sections. Answer all
the questions they are likely to ask about your products
- Structure -
the way the information is structured impacts on the
website's navigability and search engine visibility. Clear
links to all major sections should be prominent on menus
and navigation bars. Don't make people search for what they
want. Make it obvious where they are likely to find what
they came for.
- Visual Design - the impression given by your website
about your company. If your website is there to provide
information, then covering it in animations and beautiful
graphics may detract from its effectiveness. In most
cases it is far more important to make it easy to read
and to navigate. If it is not an entertainment website,
then don't try to entertain them.
- Interactivity -
Visitors to websites need the opportunity to interact with
your company and your site features. Make it easy for them
to contact you; provide prominent "Contact" links on all
pages, and provide online forms for communication for people
who do not like using email packages.
Websites for the Future
- If you wish to ensure the accessibility of your website, to people
with disabilities AND to future browsers and other internet
access devices, it is important to ensure that it is
developed to W3C (World Wide Web Consortium) recommended standards.
- Using XHTML, CSS and standards-compliant
markup, we can ensure that your website does not become
inaccessible to future web-enabled devices.
- Standards compliance will also ensure faster download times, lower
bandwidth usage, and improved indexing on the search engines.